Monday, October 3, 2016

Fairy Tales and Folk Tales

In Literacy we will be taking a look at common features found in Fairy / Folk Tales.  It is a way for us to look deeper into a simple story to see how it is built. We are learning that Fairy Tales usually

  • Begin with "Once upon a time", or "Long, long ago"...
  • Involve magical powers and magical things
  • Have imaginary good characters and imaginary evil/bad characters
  • Can not be real
  • Often involve royalty
  • happen in far away lands or magical settings
  • problems are solved with a happy outcome
  • There is a lesson to be learned
We will be comparing several different Fairy Tales, however this one of my personal favourites! 
It is one of a few books I've saved from my childhood. I love sharing it with my class each year.



No comments:

Post a Comment